Quick Environment Script V2
After over 2000 lines of code and lots and lots of testing, the new version of our Quick Environment Script is out. Get it here!!
This is the second Version of our QES script, A Maxscript that was written for internal use at Moso Studio.
The purpose of QES is to streamline the process of working with HDRI files.
It is meant to work only with VRAY and CORONA renderers… and had been tried with 3dsmax 2016 to 2019, but should be compatible with most others
This version was written with the collaboration of Obaida Lofti, who developed the new interface and browser library system
There are a lot of improvements on this new version, including a completely new interface and some new functionality.
Please watch the video to understand the functionality and to learn about the new features and new interface.
You can still use the V1 free of cost, or if you wish to update we are requesting a small fee to help cover the cost of all our efforts putting this tool together.
This is a real production tool, used daily in our studio.
FYI There are no HDRI images included with this script. We highly recommend the HDRI from 3D Collective, but any HDRI can be used with it.
We are honored to be invited to talk about our studio and the process behind our work on the Gatherings US & Canada 2020 organized by INBETWEENNESS, a networking movement that promotes the art of architectural visualisation all over the world, by creating events and sharing resources, such as podcasts, films, articles, workshops, and among others.
This is a maxscript that was written for internal use at Moso Studio.The purpose of QES is to streamline the process of working with HDR files.
We have been using this tool internally for a few years now. It was written to make the process of playing with lighting iterations quicker.
What we found when using a texture to modify the FresnelIOR (metalness) of an object using Corona Render is at the very least strange.
The concept behind our 2016 Holiday Card was pretty simple, we were going to hang a holiday ornament wire from the Empire State building to the Chrysler building. We initially thought we may just do a still image, base on some photos we took from a helicopter for a previous project.
When none of the Bullet Time effect Scripts we found was exactly what we wanted we decided to just write a simple one that did just what we needed.
Why we as a studio transitioned from Canon to Sony cameras not for a matter of image quality but in order to achieve portability.
Experimenting with Unreal Engine for a 360 sequence for the Missoni Baia project. We hope to include a tutorial on the process at some point with Unreal Datasmith.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
We won't spam!